Saturday, October 14, 2006

 

Plant Rights

Plant Rights Plant Consciousness

*
Sai Baba: Why pluck a flower and hasten her death?

EKB: Is it a violation of
flower privacy
to sniff the blooms?

George Bernard Shaw: I love little children too but I don't
cut off their heads and stick them in vases.

5th Angel of Revelation:
Harm no green being

Isaiah: Break not the bruised reed.

Chandra Bose: The crescograph proves plant consciousness.
(paraphrased)

Kentucky Mayor Mike Dixon on his not
mowing his lawn

1 "There are more important things in life than (cutting) tall grass.
2 "I don't know why we cut grass, but I do know that I like to sit here
in the evenings and enjoy what we have in eastern Kentucky."
3 "Yes, I let my yard grow up, but I'm still the same person. Let's talk
about it."
4. "Flowers began popping up in my yard when I stopped pushing
a mower across it. Birds and squirrels also moved in.

------
Jesus:
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these.

http://stopmowing.blogspot.com
http://fruitarian.blogspot.com

*
Although Washington and Jefferson had lawns, most citizens did not have the hired labor needed to cut a field of grass with scythes. Average homeowners either raised vegetables in their yards or left them alone. If weeds sprouted, fine. If not, that was fine, too.


an area the size of Florida is wasted in lawns (paraphrased)

-William Grimes in a review of the book American Green by Ted Steinberg-.




haircutting... unlike lawnmowing haircutting
does not kill groundnesting baby birds, toads, butterflies,
bumblebees or sapling trees

but the Essenes opposed haircutting... believing that Samson's
energy was amplified by each little hair antenna

can someone mow down God's green growth without being a control freak
who imposes his idea of beauty on others?
lawns (paraphrased)

Unknown:

"When the ax enters the forest, the trees view the handle as one of
their own."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?